BG Green, the University’s working group on sustainability and ethical practice, was established in April 2022 and meets monthly. Membership is cross-departmental and includes colleagues from Estates, the Students’ Union, IT Services, Marketing, BG Futures, the Library, and the Centre for Enhancement in Teaching and Learning. The group has close ties to the University’s Wellbeing Framework Steering Group and Cost of Living Group. Senior sponsorship is via the University Registrar.
Since its inception BG Green has:
- written and published these webpages
- gathered and shared information on existing sustainability initiatives at the University
- begun to explore and work on new sustainability initiatives
- established a charity recycling point in CELT
- worked with Estates to improve communications around waste and recycling
- taken steps to improve the University’s standing in the People & Planet University Rankings.
Other current priorities include the ongoing review of related policies and documentation; the setting of sustainability targets and monitoring progress towards them; and exploring the University’s role in education for sustainable development.
To find out more about BG Green, or to ask a question about sustainability and ethical practice at BGU email BGGreen@bishopg.ac.uk.