BGU has committed to a number of socially responsible initiatives to support our employees.
- We pay the living wage.
- Alongside generous annual leave entitlements and various pension options, our employee benefits package is Lincoln-based and thus directly supports the local economy.
- We offer an electric car scheme and have charging points on campus.
- Outsourced staff receive equivalent pay & benefits as directly employed staff.
- A low proportion of our staff (5%) are on fixed term contracts.
- We promote wellbeing and work-life balance through HR policies, an active cross-departmental Wellbeing Steering Group, and a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme which includes free online GP services and face to face counselling sessions.
Travel and Transport
BGU aims to make it as easy as possible for our staff and students to switch to more sustainable travel options. Here are some of the initiatives we have already committed to:
- We offer an electric car scheme to staff, and charging points are available to both staff and students on campus.
- We have bike stores that accommodate over 50 bicycles on campus.
- We host one of the city’s HireBike docking stations on campus, with both pedal and ebikes available.
- We take part in the government’s Cycle2Work scheme.