How can enhancing my Information Literacy help me succeed?
Information literacy is being able to search for, evaluate and manage information effectively and responsibly. It empowers you to engage with society in a variety of ways and develop skills that are highly prized in the world of work, like organising, planning, researching and problem-solving. Our approach, coordinated through the University Library, is based upon SCONUL’s Seven Pillars of Information Literacy.
What opportunities are there for me to enhance my Information Literacy?
- Work through the Library’s information literacy LibGuide
- If you’re new to BGU, attend your library orientation session
- Book a 1-2-1 library tutorial with one of the Library’s expert staff
- Make sure you attend any bespoke library training sessions organised by your lecturers
- Seek referencing support & advice from Learning Development