Samantha has been teaching at Bishop Grosseteste University since 2012, initially as a visiting tutor and as a full-time member of staff from 2020. Prior to joining BGU full time, Samantha has worked in a variety of early years settings, as well as managing and co-owning two early years settings in Lincolnshire. Samantha also has experience inspecting early years provision. Samantha is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Samantha teaches on the undergraduate Early Childhood Studies programme. Her teaching interests include policy, provision and practice, outdoor play, children’s rights and risky play, as well as an array of contemporary issues which impact the sector. Building on research from her Master's, Sam has a strong interest in early years professionalism and the continued development of the early years sector.
- Early Childhood Studies
- Early Childhood Studies with Foundation Year
- Health & Wellbeing in Early Childhood
- Psychology and Early Childhood Studies
- Health & Wellbeing in Early Childhood with Foundation Year
- Psychology and Early Childhood Studies with Foundation Year
- Special Educational Needs, Disability & Inclusion and Early Childhood Studies with Foundation Year