These are our top tips for a successful Clearing:
- Don’t panic! If you stay calm you’re much more likely to take in all the information you need to succeed
- Call our Clearing hotline on (01522) 583698. Our professional Clearing staff will be able to talk you through your individual situation and give you any help and advice you may need
- If your grades fall short, wait for that important acceptance or rejection indication on UCAS Track before you put yourself into Clearing. You never know – your first-choice university may well still accept you
- Don’t give up! You may well be offered a place on a similar course that’s just as good, but you’ll need to shop around. Don’t rush your decision. The UCAS system doesn’t even let you trigger the formal process of accepting a Clearing place until 3 pm on results day, so you have the chance to shop around
- Be prepared to make lots of phone calls - and be persistent!
- Ask questions – choosing a new course through Clearing is a big decision, so you need to make sure you have all the information you need. If there’s something you’re not sure about or you don’t understand, make sure you ask the person you’re speaking to for clarification. Don’t be worried about asking questions – it shows you’re thorough
- Hold your nerve – you may need all your negotiating skills to persuade a course tutor that they should take you on
- Enlist the support of friends and family. Keep them informed, as they’ll be a great help to you when you have to make that difficult final decision
- If you don’t get the grades you need it’s not the end of the world – there are plenty of other opportunities to consider
- Make sure you take notes. You’ll have a lot of information going through your head so it’s important to write as much of it down as you can so you don’t forget it later on.
Clearing at BGU
Clearing is available between July and September and offers students who have not yet secured a place at university the opportunity to apply for available places.
If you find yourself in Clearing, don’t hesitate - give us a call. Our professional Clearing staff will be able to give you all the advice you need and find a course perfect for you. Simply call (01522) 583698 and they’ll talk you through it all.
Alternatively, why not come and visit us? We’re running a special Clearing Open Day on Friday 17th August where you can speak to staff in person and really get a feel of what BGU has to offer.
This Open Day is specifically designed for people who are making decisions in Clearing. It will allow you to come and learn more about the university, explore our beautiful campus, find out more about Lincoln, ask questions of our staff and really get to know us. So what are you waiting for?
To book your place on the Clearing open day visit our website.