Lead: Dr Sacha Mason
The Pedagogy and Practice in Higher Education RKEU aims to:
- Include a wide range of BGU staff and external participants, at different stages of research experience, with a shared interest in PPHE.
- Foster and support varied research involvement and outputs including those intended for submission to the REF.
- Raise the profile of research into pedagogy and practice in Higher Education within BGU and the wider community.
- Provide opportunities for collaboration, co-construction, partnership and knowledge exchange.
This RKEU meets monthly to share research activity and work on projects being undertaken. Research seminars form part of these meetings to stimulate debate and to form synergies and partnerships for research. Currently there are some exciting shared projects being worked on;
- A study that explores the lived experiences of BAME students at BGU
- An investigation that looks at transitions into Higher Education and how HE institutions can support students from Further Education
- A project that supports HE staff and students who are carers. BGU has won the Carers Award and has a flagship approach to supporting those who have caring responsibilities.