We anticipate our students arriving at University with their own IT devices, expecting to use them as part of their University life to access BGU’s digital services.
- Wi-Fi - fast FREE* on-campus Wi-Fi in all our learning and social spaces. Scan for eduroam, logon with your BGU e-mail [email@example.com] and password!
Check our Android guide for further instructions here: https://myday.bishopg.ac.uk/pages/userguides
- myBGU - https://myday.bishopg.ac.uk. Your place for everything BGU! Android, iOS, and the Web!
- Microsoft 365 - https://portal.office.com. Your MS Hub, e-mail, calendar, files (1Tb OneDrive), apps, and 5 copies of Microsoft Office for FREE*
- Blackboard - https://mycourses.bishopg.ac.uk. Your Online Learning Environment - submit your assessments, interact with your course.
- Printing – on-campus multi-function printers and professional print services.
- 24/7 IT Access - fixed IT resources are available in our Library.
- IT Help & Support – https://helpdesk.bishopg.ac.uk. Dedicated IT Support & Help when you need IT.
- Make sure you get your phone/device fully connected to BGU! Read your email, view your timetable, and much more whilst on the go. Read up about your device here: https://myday.bishopg.ac.uk/pages/userguides
*subject to terms and conditions
What IT device(s) should I bring?
A Windows 10 Laptop or Apple MacBook is our recommended choice for your life at University. Minimum technical specification (CPU: Intel i3, Memory: 8Gb, Storage: 128Gb SSD, GPU: Not required (unless gaming), in-built camera/microphone, Screen Size: 13” to 15” personal choice.).
Google Chromebooks, smartphones (Android/iOS), Android Tablets and Apple iPads can complement your main device but are not recommended as your only device.
In addition we have created a video that offers advice on what IT equipment to purchase which you can view below.
Software packages to help you in your studies can be download for FREE here:
Software Downloads » Bishop Grosseteste University - Myday
This includes Microsoft Office 365 plus 1tb of OneDrive Storage to keep all your work safe! Please keep in mind you’ll need your BGU log-in details to access them.
For any help or guidance on how to get set up, please contact the IT team at firstname.lastname@example.org.