Your DCP will help you to evaluate your progress and gather information for any job or further study applications.
What is the DCP?
Your Development and Career Plan (DCP) is an e-portfolio which will support you during your studies, help you to evaluate your progress and gather information for any job or further study applications. The DCP also contains information on the Graduate Attributes and Volunteering awards.
- supports reflection on your academic and assessed work
- prompts you to identify career goals and create action plans
- is a place to upload evidence to help you prepare for your future
- supports you in a close and well-informed relationship with your personal tutor
What is Personal Tutoring?
You will be introduced to your Personal Tutor during your first few weeks of study. Your Personal Tutor is an academic member of staff who will provide general academic guidance and personal support for a tutor group of students.
Your Personal Tutor will:
- provide personal and academic support
- help you review your work and feedback
- work with you to set targets for your development while you are at BGU
- help you monitor your progress
- review your progress with Graduate Attributes and the Volunteering Award
- signpost you to any relevant support or help
- provide technical support with the DCP
- provide advice and guidance on populating the DCP
- co-ordinate the Personal Tutor allocations
- see you on a 1:1 basis in regards to the above
If you have any queries relating to any aspect of our services, please contact the team.
By phone: 01522 563867
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In person: CELT