Whether you’re a student, a member of the public or newly signed up to our gym, our fitness suite and classes are open to all.
The Fitness Suite's cardiovascular equipment includes modern treadmills, bikes, cross trainers, rowing machines and a stepper. All help to contribute to fat burning, a major health benefit, and assist in toning up various muscle groups.
Our resistance equipment and free weights help individuals to work all major muscle groups in the body. By varying the amount of repetitions done during the activity, productivity within the muscle will increase, which in turn helps people improve strength and gain definition. Our equipment is suitable for all abilities and fitness levels and even caters for individuals requiring rehabilitation from injury.
BGU students/staff and members of the public are all welcome to join. Our minimum membership age is 16.
Our experienced fitness professionals will ensure that your needs are met with a thorough induction.
All classes are suitable for both men and women, whatever your fitness level our classes will leave you feeling thoroughly refreshed and revitalised.
ALL CLASSES ARE FREE FOR MEMBERS.
Please note our booking and attendance procedure (see below) before attending your first class. To guarantee your place, please book in advance, as there are limited spaces available. Bookings can made over the phone (01522 583680), payment is required when booking. The minimum age for our classes is 16.
- You must book in advance to attend classes
- Class bookings can be made by individuals up to 7 days in advance, minimum booking time is 30 minutes
- Your name and contact number are required when booking
- Our classes have limited capacities
- Classes are booked on a first come first served basis
- Once a class is fully booked, we start a waiting list for those interested - should spaces become available we then contact those on the list on a first come first served basis until the class is full
- Non-members must pay at the time of booking via cashless payment. All classes are free for members
- Please arrive changed and shower at home where possible.
- Ensure you arrive on time for bookings
- Sanitise hands on arrival
- You must check in at reception on arrival to confirm your attendance
- Clean equipment before and after use
- Equipment – bring your own full water bottle, but do not bring a sweat towel. We encourage you to bring your own mat and skipping rope to classes if you have them, but these are provided if required
- Class entrance will only be permitted up to 5 minutes after the class start time
- Instructors reserve the right to refuse to instruct class users who are disruptive, inappropriately dressed or disregarding their own or another’s well-being
- All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable
- A minimum of 24 hours cancellation notice is required for classes. If members do not provide this notice they will be unable to pre-book for the following week’s class
1. Do I have to be a member to book on to a class?
No, non-members can attend classes on a pay per session basis. Please see our full price list for more information. Cashless payment must be made at the time of booking, this can be done over the phone.
2. How do I book onto a class?
You can book on to any of our classes by phoning (01522) 583680 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will get you booked in.
3. Can I join a waiting list if there’s no available slots?
Yes, once a class is fully booked we will create a waiting list.
4. Can I make a booking for other people?
No, please only make bookings for yourself.
5. What if I can’t make the class?
If you can no longer make the class, out of consideration for other members, please phone or email to let us know as soon as possible.
6. Can I walk in if I don’t have a booking?
No, please always book your place at least 30 minutes in advance of our classes.
7. What shall I do if I am late?
You will be unable to access the hall later than 5 minutes after the class start time. Please phone / email us if you’re unable to attend the class.
8. Is all equipment provided?
All equipment you need will be provided. However, if you do own your own mat and skipping rope we encourage you to bring your own.
9. Is drinking water available?
Yes, we have a water fountain in our reception area, but where possible please bring your own full water bottle with you. Cups will not be provided.
10. Will there be shower and changing facilities?
Our shower and changing facilities are open. However, we ask that you arrive ready changed and shower at home where possible.
11. How far in advance can I make a booking?
You can make a booking up to 7 days in advance.
12. Can I book online?
No, at the moment the only ways you can book are via the phone number / email address detailed above.
Interested in joining us?
Browse our wide range of degree courses and find the perfect one for you.
Open days are the best way to find out what BGU has to offer.
Download your copy of our prospectus to find out more about life at BGU.