If you would like to join our fitness suite we have a selection of excellent membership packages and offers available.
Becoming a member
Whether you’re associated with BGU or not, we have a range of excellent membership packages available to suit everyone’s needs and commitments.
To become a member you will need to complete a gym induction. There are two stages to our induction process:
Part 1 (Health Check)
This will take approximately 30 minutes and we complete a Pre-Activity Readiness Questionnaire with you in the Sports Centre. This is not a practical session.
Part 2 (Gym Induction)
This is a practical session, so gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for this induction, which will generally be completed on a one-to-one basis. Our trained fitness instructors will show you how to safely use all our equipment and advise how to get the best out of your work outs. If you would like a programme to help you achieve your goals, we can also design a personalised programme for you too for only £10.
Our membership scheme allows members to train in the gym and attend our classes, as advertised on our class timetable (subject to availability). When joining we will also require you to complete a payment authorisation form when completing your part 1 induction;identification (student ID, driving license, passport, birth certificate or utility bill) and bank details (bank card or statement) are required. Prices can be found below.
Prices and Membership
|BGU Staff and Students|
Monthly (No Contract)
Pay As You Go (PAYG) Class/Gym
*Minimum term required for contract memberships for Staff, Concessions and Externals: 12 months
*Minimum term required for BGU Students: From whatever point they join until the end of that current academic year (31st May)
The following terms and conditions apply:
- Prices quoted are per person
- The Membership fee must be paid up front in one lump sum
- Monthly payment minimum term applies and must be paid by recurring card payment
- Fee covers classes on class timetable and use of gym. Charges still apply for hiring out facilities and equipment
- The induction process (health check and gym induction) will need to be completed before using any gym equipment. For all members this induction is free – it’s a practical session and gym attire is required. Please allow one hour for your induction (face mask required). This will be a one-to-one induction. For non-members who would like an induction,this costs £10.
- Concessionary rate applies to over 60s, students of other colleges and universities, BG Generations members (alumni of BGU) and BGFutures tenants / staff. Proof of ID will be required. If you do not qualify for any of the above concessions the general public rate will apply.
- Minimum age is 16 (Under 18's must be supervised by their parent / guardian)
- Replacement membership card: £10
To enquire about joining our membership packages, or for further information, please email email@example.com or call our fitness team on 01522 583680.