If you need to speak to someone urgently and it is within the Student Advice opening hours, our Mental Health Adviser or one of our Student Advisers will be available to talk with you.

It may be necessary to contact one or both emergency services:

  • NHS- Call 111 (option 2 if related to Mental Health) for non-urgent medical concerns, or 999 for a medical emergency.
  • Police- Call 101 for non-urgent matters, or 999 in the case of an emergency.

Here are some other support services that you can use in a mental health crisis:

  • Samaritans- Talk to someone about how you are feeling. You can call freephone on 116 123
  • Shout- Get 24/7 help from a team of Crisis Volunteers by texting 85258
  • GP- Request an urgent appointment
  • Campus Security- If you are on the BGU campus, you can call the university Security Team on 0785 001 5713

You may also find it helpful to take a look at the following Student Advice leaflets:

Support when you are in crisis

Concerns about another BGU student?

Local and National Support