Tara teaches on the FdA and BA (Hons) (top up) Applied Studies across all pathways (Learning Support, Early Childhood and Children and Youth). She joined Bishop Grosseteste in 2012 as a Visiting Tutor working on the FdA and BA (top up) Applied Studies, undergraduate Early Childhood Studies, Education Studies and SENI programmes before taking up a full time position in 2015. Prior to this Tara worked as the Assessment Manager for an Early Years Professional Status provider and a Programme Leader of a FdEd and BA (Hons) (top up) Early Childhood Studies within another Higher Education institution. Teaching Tara teaches on the Foundation and Honours degrees in Applied Studies across all of three pathways. Her teaching interests include the individual in society, inclusion and professional practice in early years. Tara also has a particular interest in the role of early years professionals and the implementation and development of the Early Years Teacher Status.
- Professional Studies (Early Childhood) (Grantham)
- Professional Studies (Education) (Grantham)
- FdA Childhood, Youth and Families in Practice
- FdA Early Childhood Education in Practice
- FdA Education in Practice
- BA (Hons) Childhood, Youth and Families in Practice
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Education in Practice
- BA (Hons) Education in Practice
Tara’s current research interests focus on the experiences and perceptions of students enrolling on the Foundation degree in Applied Studies and the role of work based learning in Higher Education.