To help break down the barriers between you and a future in Higher Education we have a range of fantastic scholarships opportunities for International students. These scholarships are open to people from a wide array of backgrounds so we know you’ll find the one to help you live your dreams. You can see our current scholarship opportunities below.
A number of scholarships are available from the office of the Dean of Faculty to applicants who can demonstrate outstanding academic achievement in their prior studies. Scholarships are awarded in the form of a tuition fee waiver up to a maximum of 30% of the international tuition fee for the programme. Within their application applicants should identify why they feel their examination results make them suitable for an award.
A number of scholarships are available from the International Office for applicants who can demonstrate excellence and commitment to extra-curricular activities. Scholarships are awarded in the form of a tuition fee waiver up to a maximum of 30% of the international tuition fee for the programme.
These programmes are for candidates from developing Commonwealth countries to study at BGU. Full details including eligibility requirements and nominating agency details are available on the pages of the Foreign and Commonwealth office website below.
The closing date for candidates to apply is 17 October. Applications must include all supporting documentation by this date, including in the case of PhDs a supporting statement from the proposed UK supervisor.
If you’re applying for teacher training as a non-UK citizen, you may be able to get some financial support from the UK government. Your eligibility for support will depend on your immigration status and choice of subject. If you are already living in the UK it is unlikely you will be eligible.
Please see here for further details. Fees and financial support for non-UK trainee teachers | Get Into Teaching GOV.UK (education.gov.uk)
Please note there are no bursaries or scholarships available for Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) programme.
To apply for a BGU scholarship you must first apply for, and have been offered a place on, one of our programmes. Once you are in receipt of an offer for a programme please download and complete the application form by clicking here.
You will be asked to identify which scholarship you are applying for and as part of the process applicants will be asked to describe their academic achievements, relevant professional experience and/ or career goal. Applicants should also refer to any other information, which supports their application. This could include, but is not limited to:
- Academic merit – Course entry requirements are met including English Language Requirements, Examination results, transcripts, references, Academic prizes or awards.
- Career Aspirations – applicants should tell us about their chosen career goal and their aspirations to contribute to their chosen field. Applicants should establish the relevance of the proposed academic course to his/her career plans.
- Financial need – Applicants will need to explain their financial situation and how they intend to cover the remaining expenses, should their application be successful. Even with a scholarship, applicants will need to evidence they can cover their living expenses within the UK to meet the requirements for a Tier 4 visa.
- Developmental impact – Applicants should explain how they plan to use their study to develop and contribute to society in their own country. Applicants should evidence any past commitment to ’development’ agendas through participation in relevant projects.
- Extracurricular Activity – Applicants should provide evidence of activities, which has enhanced their graduate attributes for example, examples of volunteering, leadership, charity work.
Application forms should be completed and sent to email@example.com and should be clearly marked ‘International Scholarship Application’ in the subject line.
Whilst BGU offer this range of scholarships it cannot guarantee that your application for one will be successful. The scholarship application process is competitive and BGU reserve the right to not grant scholarships to those who provide evidence of the above criteria, if the application is not of the required quality.
All scholarships awarded will be valid for the lifetime of the programme, for postgraduate applicants this is one year and for undergraduate applicants it is three years.
The Final Deadline for scholarship applications is 31 May 2024.
* Please note: Scholarships are not available for teacher training/PGCE programmes.
Register your interest
Fill in your details below to receive more information on International Study at BGU.
Interested in joining us?
Browse our wide range of degree courses and find the perfect one for you.
Open days are the best way to find out what BGU has to offer.
Download your copy of our prospectus to find out more about life at BGU.