Our most popular talks are:
- Benefits of Higher Education
- An introduction to Bishop Grosseteste University
- Course specific presentations (See the Courses section of this site for a full list of current courses)
- Student Life (this can be delivered by current BGU students)
- Student Finance
- UCAS and Personal Statements
- Routes into Teaching
- Critical Thinking Workshop
- Revision Skills Workshop
- Which Course? Which University? – how to research higher education
If there is something you are interested in that is not on the list please speak to us as we can provide bespoke presentations. The talks usually last around 1 hour, but can be tailored to your requirements.
Our Pre-Teaching Award is a flexible programme ran by schools and colleges with the support of Bishop Grosseteste University. The award is an enrichment activity for year 12 students who are interested in a career in education. The award will help students:
- Help them to decide if teaching is the career they want to go into
- Useful tips and advice for their UCAS applications
- Useful knowledge to help them with their applications for teaching courses
- Starter knowledge to help them with a career in education
- A certificate for their files
- A guaranteed* interview for Primary Education with QTS at BGU (*subject to eligibility)
We are happy to meet you at your school/college to talk about the award in more detail and see how it can fit in with your school/college requirements. Please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in joining us?
Browse our wide range of degree courses and find the perfect one for you.
Open days are the best way to find out what BGU has to offer.
Download your copy of our prospectus to find out more about life at BGU.